IRS Estate and Gift Tax Information
Federal Estate Taxes
Did you know that the federal estate tax can take about half of your estate at the time of death. It pays to do some Bequest planning with an attorney or an advisor.
We hope you will consider a charitable bequest in your will to benefit Pastor Paul's Mission. At the same time you will save federal estate taxes that will go to charity.
Tax Laws Favor Charitable Giving
Because Disciples Ministry Church, Inc. DBA Pastor Paul's Mission, Federal ID # 41-1269247, is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, a bequest to Pastor Paul's Mission is 100% deductible from federal estate taxes.
Bequest For Pastor Paul's Mission
Official bequest language for Pastor Paul's Mission is,
'I, (your name), of (your city, state, zip), give, devise and bequeath to Disciples Ministry Church, Inc. AKA Pastor Paul's Mission (Written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property) for its unrestricted use and purpose.'
Various Bequest Options
1. Specific Bequest-a specific item to a specific person.
2. General Bequest-usually a gift of stated money.
3. Contingent Bequest-conditional event must occur before distribution.
4. Residuary Bequest-a gift of all 'the rest, remainder or residue' of what is left after everything else is paid out.
5. Unrestricted Bequest-a gift to Pastor Paul's for our general purposes.
6. Restricted Bequest-specified how to spend funds.
7. Honorary or Memorial Bequest-given 'in honor of' or 'in memory of' someone.
8. Endowed Bequest-restrict the principal of the gift and use the investment income it generates.
Contact Us to Let Us Know
We hope you will let us know if you have named Pastor Paul's Mission in your will. You can remain anonymous and your gift will be kept confidential, or you can leave a legacy recognized to encourage others
to do the same. It is up to you and we will honor your wish.
For more information on giving a Bequest to Pastor Paul's Mission Contact Jeanine Arnopoulos at 612-521-4665 or contact her by email at pastorpaul.org (at) gmail.com.